"chain mail, but filled with joy, friendship and happiness. It’s the Liebster Award, a blogging prize shared amongst bloggers in recognition of each other’s awesomeness."
About 2 weeks ago Luke Kent over at Flicks and Pieces nominated us for a Liebster Award, and I have been trying to get to this post ever since then. So, now we're here, I want to start by saying a big thank you to Flicks and Pieces!
Here's a bit more info on what a Liebster Award is:
“The Liebster Award is an online award for bloggers to gain more support, recognition and just to get to know the person behind the blogger. It also helps others to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world.”
Nominees are set the task of answering 11 questions, and without further ado, here are the Q&A's:
1. Starting simple, what is your all time favourite film?
Well, I'll start off by saying that I reckon this is the hardest question of the entire bunch! It's hard to choose just one amazing film out of so many. Personally I don't think this question can be answered, so I'm just going to say it's a tie between these 5:
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
- John Wick
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Dredd (2012)
- and Sicario
2. What film would you never watch again under any circumstances?
3. Which one film not nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars this year do you feel deserves to have been?
Kingsman: The Secret Service. I know this would have been a long shot, but I loved that movie!
4. If you could ask one director, one question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Frank Miller. Question: What do you love most about directing, and why?
5. If you had to be stranded on a desert island with one movie character, who would it be?
Superman. I'd just have him fly me out of there and back to civilisation.
6. What film has taught you the most about life, or inspired you the most?
Spirited Away. It might not being inspiring in a usual sense, but it's definitely a movie that has moved me since I can remember first watching it as a child.
7. If you could only watch the past and future films of one director, whose work would it be?
Guillermo Del Toro.
8. As ruler of the world you enforce a rule whereby everybody must watch and own five films of your choosing. What five films would you choose?
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Would you rather duel with Lord Voldemort at Hogwarts, or battle with Darth Vader on the Deathstar?
I'll have to choose Lord Voldemort at Hogwarts, any day. I mean, his biggest foe is a child.
10. Marvel Cinematic Universe, or DC Cinematic Universe?
I'm going with the MCU on this one. I still love the DCCU though!
11. Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
So, now it's time to nominate some awesome blog we love, but first here are the Liebster Awards Rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you (thank you flicksandpieces.com).
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
And now to nominate some blogs we love:
And now for the questions:
What are 5 films you would never watch again?
Who is your favourite actor, and what is your favourite film/tv show of theirs?
Who is your favourite actress, and what is your favourite film/tv show of theirs?
Who is your favourite MCU character, and why?
Who is your favourite DCU character , and why?
If you had the option to bring back 1 canceled tv show, what would it be?
Who is your favourite Sci-Fi/Fantasy film character?
What is our favourite book, of any genre?
If you could live in any film Universe, which would it be?
If you could create a tv show, what would it be called and what would it be about?
Favourite villan: Daleks or Cybermen?
Have fun! :-)